CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Want in one hand.....

So, a few years ago, i broke down and bought a nice digital camera. It wasn't FAB-U-LOUS or anything, but it was a few hundred bucks and i loved it. I loved taking pictures with it and had delusions of grandeur about being able to take nice photos. About a month after the extended warranty expired, I turned it on and got "System Error". Turns out, this is a major malfunction of the camera and a $250 fix by the manufacturer. Uh.. i could buy a new one that is better for that or equal. So thus started my hunt for a new camera.

Now, I am really wanting a camera. Have had serious urges/inclinations for about 6-8 months now. I looked and researched and turns out, I'm a gadget nerd and still have the same delusions of grandeur that I had about being able to take some fabulous shots of stuff. I live in Colorado for shit's sake -- there is beauty all around right? Surely even "I" could take a picture.

Which ultimately led me to the decision: I will not buy a piece of crap point and shoot camera. I want a real deal Digital SLR camera with some lenses and options and you know, another hole to throw money down. So, for about the last 6 months, i have been completely committed to buying a decent, entry-level DLSR. I have been researching and comparing and still have it narrowed down to 2 different models. But every time i look at them, and read photography websites and look at pictures I want it even more. But, in contrast to that, i always have the nagging "thats a lot of money to spend on shitty pictures"

It is my hope that WHEN i get my camera that it will be a motivator to get out and walk around and just take some pictures. To do things, to go places. To drag the honey and kids and dogs with me. It has been so hard the last couple years, being physically unable to actually do anything, that i am bored to tears and think that I can take a decent picture and the beauty will motivate me to get off my ass.

I guess, until i get my camera, i will keep living in my pretty picture world and keep my hopes up that not everything i point the camera at (when the time comes) will look like a colorful turd on paper.

0 comments: