CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

a week has passed...

..and here is why i haven't written. I have been having horrible pains in my neck, not sleeping well, general kid and friend drama, and all around busy.

My neck has been sore and painful since last tuesday's PT. I barely made it through work on Wed. called in sick on Thursday, pushed through work on friday. I didn't sleep much over last week with that pain, despite taking more prescriptions to kill a horse. I still don't feel caught up on my sleep. I can hardly move my neck and shoulder on my left side, but unfortunately, this time of year, I can only allow limited downtime as there is much to accomplish and bedone before the holidays. I didn't get to PT on Thursday because I couldn't physically drive. I can hardly turn my head, even now, and shopping took longer than expected because my knee and neck were just killing me and we had to stop for a bit. For lunch in fact, which was nice.

Work has been busy trying to get desktops and laptops migrated to users. This week is our company holiday party. That will be fun on Friday, but what that also means is all the people who are remote bring their laptops in for me to work on and fix problems with. That starts today and I will be busy up until the party starts on Friday afternoon.

Over the weekend, the honey and I managed to get away from everyone and go shopping. We got the kids their ipods and misc other things, but still have a couple more things to pick up. We also got the dogs their new harnesses for traveling. Sasha didn't like hers and pretty much pouted the whole night. They are just nylon harnesses so they are wearing them right now to get used to them. Mojo just appreciated all the love he got while we were putting it on him. He doesn't care one way or the other. Sasha is still a bit pouty about having to wear hers. Funny puppies. We also bought the roommate an ipod. He has wanted one forever and just didn't have and didn't want to spend the money on a big ipod. We got him the 30g one. We had a friend over for Ham dinner on Sunday and presented him with his gift early. He loved it. For someone who is as gruff and hardened (for good reasons) about the holidays, he appreciated it alot and despite it screwing up his music on import into iTunes, he loves it. That is the point of giving.

Also during that friend coming over, he (the friend) and I got in a huge argument and I was yelling even. Man, I was so offended and couldn't believe the shit that had come out of his mouth. Yesterday, I sent him an email to apologize for yelling. Haven't heard back, i'm pretty sure he is still pissed, but honestly, i could give a shit. He acted like a child and if he's still pissed, he's still acting like a child. The honey explained to me that people don't like it when I don't back down because they generally know they are in the wrong. He said that I won't argue for the sake of arguing, but if I don't back down, then the other person is probably in the wrong. I don't let people walk on me. I thought that was funny that he said that, because, in general, its pretty true. I don't just argue or piss people off, I don't say things just to be abrasive, though I am very blunt, but its more that I don't want to put the energy into being angry or upset with someone else, so I just don't argue. Roll with the punches, go with the flow. So, anyway, now that I jumped in that angry/argument boat, I'm adrift at sea knowing that someone is holding a grudge against me. It will be a while before I get over that. But life continues and in the end, he was an asshole and fuck that if he can't accept it.

On the note that set off the argument, I got a new piece of armor in my game and generally had fun since joining my new guild. They run every night of the week, though I can't go alot of the time because its too late for me stay up. But i can go once or twice a week and on weekends. But my hat is awesome, and mostly I had a blast running through the instances that I had never been in. They are very technical, so I made a bunch of mistakes, but just gotta get to know the technique and i'll be ok. I went on one last night too and got better, I thought, since I learned the strategy on Sunday. So, for a change, time in game has been awesome recently.

Tonight is another one, which starts much earlier, but not sure if I will be able to make it as the Boy has a holiday choir concert.

{Listening to Stayin Alive Remix by Wyclef Jean}

0 comments: