CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

more poking and prodding

What a crazy last week (almost) it has been. Work, still crazy busy with shit to do. Honey is traveling on business so this week is even more convoluted than usual because of having to change my schedule around so that I can get the princess to school.

So, to catch up. I had my rhizotomy last Wednesday. This went well. I was out of it for Wed and Thurs and still too sore on Fri to go to work. Saturday started feeling a bit better, but am still sore today. I have therapy today, so we'll see how that goes. As far as the surgery went, I have minor to moderate actual sensation in the left side of my neck. I can feel pressure and I can feel that the muscles themselves are tight and sore, but beyond that, I can't feel much. I have what I call "phantom itches" where my neck itches, but i can't actually feel it when I scratch. Its weird to say the least. We will see how the therapy goes today. Its not quite been a week, but it definately feels better.

While I was out the latter half of last week, work went to hell in a handbasket and I am in fear that a personality conflict is going to cause me to lose the best helpdesk person I have. Our furniture fell through for the new expansion area, so now we are getting shiteous furniture with no walls. Like I thought a cube farm for the helpdesk was going to be crap, now its going to be just fucking tables and shit, but not really tables. I guess counters is a more apt description. I guess thats what I get for working at a non-profit.

On Friday, the Princess became grounded. She got a whole 4 F's on her report card. I about shit and lost my lid with her on Friday. She has no internet, no phone, no friends until they are C's. She did not enjoy the weekend, or the constant lectures about grades.

My nephew got in a horrible car accident and totaled his truck on Friday night. I found out Saturday when my sister called me. He was drinking and driving, wrapped his truck around a tree and rolled it a couple times. He and his girlfriend are ok, surprisingly still alive, and just banged and bruised. He is 17. He was arrested and has no truck and no license now, as well as an aggravated DUI. He is such a good kid, but reminds me of his dad.

My other sister sent me the family photos and photos of my littlest niece. I got those on Thursday. They (the niece pictures) are soo cute. Man, she looks like she's going to be a fireball. Just the little look in her eye says mischief. The family pictures are about as I figured and I don't care for them because I am fat (at least according to myself). But I went and bought some frames on Sunday anyway. I also actually bought a pair of flip flops. Now they are nice leather flip flops, that I actually wore to work yesterday, but they are still flip flops, which I don't buy and don't wear. So, that was a change.

Nothing eventful for St. Paddy's day. This made me sad, but I just wasn't up to it. Had to make some food for a Cultural Event happening of some sort for the Princess to get 50 points extra credit in 2 of her flunking classes. This was a must. I also have to make more food on Wednesday. Not sure how all thats going to work out since I have to work till 5 and take her to cheer tryouts.

yes, I gave in on grounding for cheer tryouts. I only did it because I don't think that its fair for her to miss the tryouts for next season. That takes away motivation for the whole next year. Maybe I am too easy, but she's got tryouts the 4 days this week. She was embarrassed that I went and stayed and watched. I think this was good enough. It is my intent to do this for the rest of the sessions, but I don't know because I have shit to do this week, including therapy, working late and making her more food for the fucking fiesta in her spanish class. So we'll see.

Hopefully honey comes home tomorrow instead of thursday. There is just too much to do this week. UGH.

0 comments: