CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Does it end?

I realize that i should probably use my blog for some kind of profundity about life and politics and society and etc, as these are things that I discuss all the time, but alas, I use it for a rant of my boring, whining, surburan life. Sad really. I have plenty to talk about with my friends. Somehow, it just doesnt' come to me as a topic when i am sitting here. With that being said, onto my rant about my life and days for today.

Today, it started out great. I felt good when I woke up. PT seemed to do me some good yesterday. The headache was gone. The snow had stopped falling and the roads weren't nearly as icy as I dreaded. It was a beautiful morning looking at the snow covered mountains just peaking through the clouds and a spot of dawn illuminating them. I got to work, started my morning check of systems, got some coffee. Boss called and offered to bring me some breakfast. The phones were quiet. All was happy in my morning solitude. Until....

The VPN server was broke, internet and server connectivity was spotty and I did my best to resolve these issues, yet there was something lurking behind the scenes (I'm not the server person here) that prevented me from actually fixing the problem. The boss that got breakfast came in upset, implying I didn't do my job (did I mention, I'm not the server/network person here?). People are now calling and ranting and raving that shit is down. Yeah.. yeah, network/server people are workin the malfunction. Then he comes in to imply that I just didn't do my job again. WTF mang. I do my job, i do the job of 2 people, in fact. I just don't do the network/server guys jobs. I realize I am superwoman, but fuckin A sometimes, a bitch needs to breathe. Then, the HP repair guy was out here to replace a system board in a laptop for the 3rd time in 3 weeks (same laptop) and when the HP guy leaves, same boss comes in and asks if I made sure it was working this time. Holy mother of christ, get off my fuckin back today. I do my job. I do my job well. The fact that HP sends shit ass re-manufactured parts is now my problem.

I also spent 2 hrs downloading NIC driver after NIC driver for the model of desktop that I am rebuilding and none of them work. Logged onto HP chat to see if they could give me a working NIC driver for this model and they say i gotta pay em money cause this desktop is outta warranty and if I didn't wanna pay the money, I could use their self-help pages. NO SHIT?! I guess Rapesh S (this was HP US chat support). musta missed the part in the chat where I said I downloaded all of their nic drivers for this model of desktop and they all failed to work. I finally ended up finding some variation to my model of desktop and installing the driver and it worked. What worthless piece of shit service. I would so totally be fired if I gave that kind of service to people. Yet, apparently, I don't do my job today.

Also got another email from grumpy boss that implied that I somehow fucked up yesterday when a lady fubar'd changing her password through VPN and isnt' connected to the domain on her laptop and isn't going to be in the office to connect to the domain for another 2 months. Yessir, I fat-fingered that password for her.

The good news is that I got free lunch again today and cheesecake. Cause my ass needed cheesecake, but oh well, it was one slice and it was yummy. The other small bit of good news is that my guild shit/drama is about wrapped up in game and I can soon go about getting on with actually playing the game.

Princess won't be home till late as she is going to root on the JV XC team for their regionals, then she leaves tomorrow for Durango for the Varsity Regionals. I know she will do well. She is the only freshman on varsity, and can run like the wind.

The Boy is home doing something. I think. He might have gone over to his friends house this morning. I really didn't hear much from him after he asked.. interesting. I have to call to follow up on that. In the meantime, back to the grind, gotta keep the grumpy pants at bay for another hour and a half. Now.. don't get me wrong. I love the bosses and I love my job. They are great most of the time and great bosses. Today, they just pissed on my parade cause I was feeling good about driving on the ice, neck and knee weren't killing me. Oh well. It does indeed end at 3:00pm today. When i go home and veg.

*sigh* as we speak, another crack by the grumpy boss. Oh well. Tomorrow is another day that they can jump on my case. I will not be broken. I will dish them some heavy PMS instead.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you just cured my envy of people who work out in the real world with other adults and urgghh....bosses.

Hope tomorrow is a better day!