CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 15, 2007

deadlines & viruses

This week has just been crazy at work. Our satellite offices (about 300 of them) have a deadline for submitting data to us. We provide the format and the data required. They decide (as they do every year) that the last 3 days is when they need to hop on getting their data submitted. As the only person that is supporting the software used for submitting the data, I have been busy busy busy. I also have a user who is crying because her home computer is just totally infected with a virus. Cleaning this over the phone is rough. I am about ready to offer to come over to her house to fix it or try to. Its just rough. We also launched a new program yesterday, that, SURPRISE .. is broken. Now this isn't our groups fault, we just have to take all the irate phone calls for it. Please note the release of another product back in Sept/Oct that caused me headache. I believe i documented my pain and suffering in the blog back around that time. Well.. this product is based o the previous product, by the same screwball development company, who couldn't find their ass with both hands and a map. This has caused a ton of work for the honey, and my headache with the whole thing is just starting since they released a piece of shit.. again. The project manager of this project is a total moron and I don't know how he keeps his job. He fucked up the last release, he's fucking up this one. We've lost funding, schools, teachers, etc. and he maintains his stupid job. If i even thought about fucking up 1/2 as bad as he has, I would be fired. Fortunatley, I don't fuck up on that scale, or that often.

My neck is hurting and like i have mentioned, just gradually getting worse. Its still better than it was, but I am hoping that the rhizotomy is a more permanent type of resolution. The knot is back, the stiffness, catching and headaches are back, though not as severe. I have PT today and am still doing light neck exercises. We have stepped up some of the knee exercises too, which is good.

I wore my size 14 pants today to work. They were tight, but not uncomfortable. I was proud of this. I think I am going to try on some more this weekend to see if its a fluke. 2 more sizes by may.. i think i can do it, but we'll see. I wish that I could do more cardio. My therapist said that I should ask the doctor if I can do treadmill and such at the gym.

Both the princess and the boy start track next week. The princess informed me that she is trying out for cheerleading for the fall. I think thats great, she can make varsity easy enough because of her gymnastics. Not sure that she has the rhythm to be a cheerleader, but she could probably do it if she tries hard and practices. The drawback to cheerleading is that it is holy hell expensive.

The princess is going to see her friend from 5th grade in AZ who lives in colorado now. I think she's spending the weekend there. We are meeting at the outlet malls in castle rock. I am gonna try to go shopping a little bit. I really want some new sweaters, maybe a Coach purse. We'll see how finances look though. The honey needs new tires on the Expedition.

The boy is complaining he is sick... again. I am wondering what is up with him. I made him go to school since he has or has tried to be out of school at least one day a week since the holiday break. They both get 2 weeks off here soon enough and will be spending it in sunny san diego with their idiot father. I didn't realize when he made the place reservations that he has them coming home easter weekened. This throws my plans out the window of going to IA with the honey, but oh well. We'll have to see how that all works out as the time nears closer.

I recently got all my madonna albums ripped to iTunes so I have been listening to Madonna. Man, I recognize that in the 80's my mom wouldn't let me wear the lace and necklaces and torn clothes, even though I did. But truly, her music hasn't aged past its prime. Sure there are some songs that are really 80's songs, but most of her stuff has maintained the sound of the current. This is just listening to the songs. I'm sure if I looked at the CD covers or watched a video I would cringe, run to a corner cower and cry. But the songs themselves have maintained relatively well. Even from the 90's, which were some of her better albums. I am also still a big fan of her most recent work. I type that because I have my iTunes to play the songs once, in order of least number of times played, until I cycle through them. I haven't gotten around to making actual playlists yet, but I kinda like this way because I get to hear the stuff that I don't normally choose on the ipod. So, anyway, since I recently imported Madonna, she's top of the not played list and I am just working my way through the list. Now, the drawback for this, is that once I go through her once, and all the other songs that haven't been played before, she's back at the top of only been played once. Fortunately, I also put some aerosmith in there that hasn't been played. So, for the next few days, I think I'll be listening to some aerosmith and all of madonna. Flogging Molly and Elvis Costello are next though. I love Flogging Molly. One of my favorite bands of all time. I missed Tatu at Jack Quinn's last night, but oh well. I would have just liked to have gone and saw them.

{listening to La Isla Bonita (Instrumental version) by Madonna}

0 comments: