CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

So I made it...

This weekend was a long weekend. Had Monday off work due to presidents day. It was actually a fairly productive weekend. The kids had a good time, I went shopping, I gamed, there was cleaning done.

The Princess went up to Denver area to visit her friend she hadn't seen since 5th grade in Arizona. We took her up to Castle Rock to meet them on Saturday. The roads were total crap and icy on the way there. The Honey drove against his wishes, but I'm glad he did. I freaked the whole way and he didn't appreciate it, but still I don't know that I could have dealt with all the traffic and ice and pileups. So we had a bit of a row because I was freaking and he was generally pissed that I made him drive. He did it anyway, though, thats why I love him. He didn't just tell me to suck it up and get on the road myself. Grumpily, he drove it. He didn't protest at doing it, just let it be known he wasn't happy about it. When we finally got home, he went to the movies with his friends while I stayed home. Figured space was needed after 2.5 hrs in the car with a freaking out woman who was riding your ass because she was freaking out. The boy went to the movies with his friends, hung out with friends, did whatever it is that boys do with their friends. He helped me clean, earned his money. I gamed. It was a nice day after the fiasco over driving, but everyone recovered.

On Sunday, the Roommate and I went back to Castle Rock to pick up the Princess. She had a good time, we ended up staying at the mall and shopping. Both the Roommate and I spent too much money, but I got a really cute Coach purse that I love a lot. The princess was a bit peeved cause she wanted one too. I just can't afford 2 Coach purses in a weekend. One was over my sensibilities limit. She got a sweatshirt and earrings and other stuff. The drive wasn't so bad since the roads were mostly clear. My car is a grimey mess after Saturday's drive. We went and had great sushi on Sunday night and the Princess went on a date, even though she says it wasn't a date. It was and she had a good time.

Monday was lounge around the house for the most part day. The Princess and I went shopping and I got 2 new sweaters, she got a new pair of pants and the Boy got 2 shirts and a sweatshirt. The Honey and I went on a date for dinner. It was Chili's but it was tasty. The Boy went and hung out with his friends, went to a movie, played some football. It was a great day outside both Sunday and Monday. Hopefully more this week.

Tuesday is starting out fairly rough at work. Crazy problems, crazy people. People unavailable because they just don't want to work on the issue. *sigh* its kinda crazy busy. I have therapy today. The Honey leaves on business tomorrow morning. He's gone the rest of the week and comes home on Sat. My hours are adjusted so that I can take the kids to school. Its just going to be a crazy week.

0 comments: